"...Host and contractor Josh Temple stalks a big-box home improvement store looking for unsuspecting weekend warriors, then follows them home with a large crew of experts in tow. Watch as stunned homeowners who journeyed into the store to fix a simple leaky faucet end up winning the remodeling lottery with dramatic, eye-popping room transformations."All would be fine if not the fact that his crew demolished and trashed perfectly functional and still good looking kitchen cabinetry, sinks, faucets, appliances, floors just because they were making way for the new ones. They actually enjoyed wild demolition and never had a second thought about recycling, reusing the materials they didn't need in a new design. It was truly upsetting to see things that could find a new home, be recycled or donated being destroyed and trashed away. I am sure I am not the only one feeling that way, we can't be so egocentric to actually believe we can get away in today's world with such acts of extravagant wastefulness.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Not so green House Crashers
As I mentioned earlier, I am an avid enthusiast of HGTV shows. However, last week I was able to see the "Crashers" and I decided to give you a few thoughts of my own on this show. According to the HGTV website:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment